Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dd is almost 3 and we are working going poop in the potty. Her digestive system has never been "normal", she has always had the runs and strained to go. The dr could never find anything wrong we had several test and an x-ray after being kicked out of a daycare for pooping too much in a day. All of her test come up normal, so I thought maybe this was just normal for her. Now when I have her set on the potty to poop, she says ouch the whole time she is doing it. We haven't pooped much on the potty, she would rather find a dark place and squat in her pants, but if it hurts her more on the potty, I guess I can see why. I am not sure why it would hurt more and I'm not sure why her poop hasn't gotten more solid with her age. I try to give her a balanced diet, but it is hard, she doesn't always want to eat every meal I feed her, so I know she doesn't get everything. Anyone have this problem as well and have any suggestions about what could be going on?? I don't know if I need to try a new dr or what.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
DD (just turning 3) tells me it hurts to poop when she either is constipated or has the runs (since the runs burn sometimes). I make sure she has both feet on a stool or the floor for leverage, and also wipe w/ a wet cloth whenever anything comes out (and sometimes when it doesn't) to keep the burns off and stimulate the bowel a little. Also, see if she will do things to loosen her jaw to help the bowel muscles relax, like mooing like a cow or chewing gum (kinda like labor)... You can try turning the lights down, and/or reading books. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
When she poops in her diaper, does she say it hurts then, too?<br>
Does it hurt on her bum, or her tummy?<br>
If she has the runs, perhaps it's dairy in her diet that upsets her tummy and causes the constipation, too.<br>
Check wheat, gluten, and dairy. I have found these are true culprits to digestive & elimination trouble.<br><br>
Check out the link in my signature, this may help you. It has helped my dd's tremendously.<br><br>
all my best!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She does not say it hurts when she poops in her pants, but she does strain, you can see it in her face. Also the past week she has only been going every other day and completly blowing out her pants, all the way up the back and sometimes out the sides too. We have tried soy, but it didn't cause a change that we noticed, it has been about a year. I will check out the link. She seems to be having pain in her butt when she poops, but before she does say her tummy hurts, that's how I know she is going to do it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts