Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15827860/

Quote:
WASHINGTON - Mattel Inc. is recalling 4.4 million Polly Pocket magnetic play sets after three children were hospitalized with serious injuries from swallowing tiny magnets that fell off the toys, the Consumer Product Safety Commission announced Tuesday.

As the holiday gift-buying season approaches, the commission is urging shoppers to avoid buying toy sets with small magnets for children under age 6. Gift buyers also should check the toy labels, select age-appropriate toys and avoid gifts with sharp edges and small parts.

The commission said it received 170 reports of the small magnets falling out from the dolls and accessories in the Polly Pocket sets. Each of the three injured children swallowed more than one magnet and suffered intestinal perforation that required surgery.

·
Registered
43,705 Posts
Wasn't there another magnetic toy recall a few months ago?

Something about swallowing more than one magnet, then they pulled the intestines out of shape when the magnets were in different parts of the GI system.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruthla View Post
Wasn't there another magnetic toy recall a few months ago?

Something about swallowing more than one magnet, then they pulled the intestines out of shape when the magnets were in different parts of the GI system.
Right I think that was "magz" or something.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by TiredX2 View Post
: It was MagnetIX (we have "Magz" and "Geomagz" SP).
I mentally file those with the rest of the thousands of dollars worth of toys our kids never play with...

·
Premium Member
19,789 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SirPentor View Post
I mentally file those with the rest of the thousands of dollars worth of toys our kids never play with...
Hey, that's unfair. DD seems to like the scatter them across the floor in some type of boobie trap technique!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts