Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DS weaned on his 3rd b-day and never showed interest in my breasts after that. None, not even for a few days.

I became pregnant last fall and am 8 months along. Since the beginning of the pregnancy DS has become more and more interested in my breats and now is completely obsessed. He calls them his "breasties" and is constantly trying to grope me. He knows the nipples are off limits, but goes for them anyway if he thiks I'm asleep or will somehow not notice (I think I'd notice a gnat landing on one at this point in my pregnancy)

So. I'm not comfortable with him groping me all the time. At first I thought it was fine for him to lay a hand on my breast as long as he didn't touch my nipple, but as I mentioned, he doesn't respect those boundaries.

When the baby comes I imagine it will get worse with nursing the baby all the time.

I don't want to hurt his feelings and make him feel like the baby is more important that him. I also don't want to shame him about it.

How can I handle this without shaming or making him feel left out?

·
Registered
233 Posts
My 7yr old became interested in them again while I was pregnant and now with babe nursing. She sometimes asks if she can have a taste when I say sure she says "Nah those are for Rhys". I would ask him why he wants to touch them all the time...

·
Registered
176 Posts
My 3 year old is also obsessed w/ my breasts! He wants to stick his hand in my shirt as far as he can. He's been doing this a long time though. He weaned while I was pregnant with DS2 and has done this ever since. It has now gotton to the point where he pretends to nurse every now and then. I think its fine. I think the more I fight it the longer it will last, so I try to go with it when I can. I limit the hand in my shirt stuff to when we are snuggling to go to bed. I am certain that he will grow out of it. I just wanted to comiserate(sp?).

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Still_Learning View Post
(I think I'd notice a gnat landing on one at this point in my pregnancy)
sorry
: I remember that!!

Gently set your personal boudries and enforce them, we all have our own personal spcae. Can you try to briefly explain that during pregnancy you are more sensitive to touch and you don't feel like being touched all the time? He doesn't have to feel ashamed by you having and adhering to your boundries, just calmly enforce it, no fuss.

Have a favorite book handy for nursing so you can read to him, set aside special big brother time with dad or another member of the family, we made DS a big brother t-shirt and a couple friends gave big brother gifts when DD arrived.

Being a big brother is special so we really tried to convey this to him by talking to him about it and asking him a lot of questions about how he felt. It's amazing how insightful & thoughtful they really are!!! (When I was little I always wanted a big brother). He is so in love with his little sister now

It will work out and congratulations on your upcoming birth!

·
Registered
293 Posts
DS1 weaned by about 18 months and I still can't count the number of times per day I say "Hands out of my shirt please". It's like being on a date back in junior high sometimes. His hand starts out someplace "safe" and then I feel his fingers shuffle downwards while he pretends to pay attention to something else.

He might try to kiss them once in a while but he has never shown any interest in actually nursing, he just wants to touch them all the time. If anything I would say he is worse about it now than he was a year ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.