Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My baby had his newborn hearing screening, and in the right ear it didn't go through due to fluid in the ear. He has no cold or ear infection.<br><br>
Is there something natural to do to get rid of the fluid? His left ear is fine.<br><br>
My ped. will give a maximum of 2 months to clear, and if not then off to an ENT.<br><br>
Thanks, Ana

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
You could try a chiro.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Try doing lymph drainage with the lymph nodes around his ear. There are a lot of instructions if you google it.

·
Premium Member
10,564 Posts
things I've heard mentioned but haven't had the unfortunate opportunity to try:<br>
CST<br>
castor packs (not certain of age here)

·
Registered
628 Posts
Another vote for cranial sacral therapy! I would also remove mucus forming foods from your diet (I assume you're nursing) until the fluid clears just to be on the very safe side.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
chiro! my 3yo had fluid in her ears (with no infection) and it seriously affected her hearing. She said "huh?" to everything we said. Our chiro did this little trick where she sticks her finger in her throat and does something to open the eustachian (sp?) tubes and it instantly drains the fluid. It kinda makes them gag and its not pleasant.. but its QUICK. My dd handled it okay and kinda coughed but didn't complain. (and didn't fight her off from doing it to the other side! lol)

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone.<br><br>
What are mucus forming foods?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts