Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 4 1/2 month old is having extreme separation issues from me. My 1st DC didn't do this until 7 or 8 months, my 2nd DC didn't do it till he was over 12 months, and neither one were this bad. They cry for at the most an hour.

I have to work, and I only work 4 nights/20 hours a week doing 5 hour shifts. The baby starts crying between 7pm and 8pm, which is when he's due for his late nap before bedtime. however he screams for hours (3-4 hrs) while I"m gone until he's cried himself to sleep in my hubby's arms. He's tried everything...swing, walking, stroller, music, bath, bubba, comfort items, cradling, etc., but all the baby wants is mamma.

I know it's me he wants b/c we did a couple trial runs in the last couple days while I was off from work. The 1st time he was screaming/crying hysterically for an hour. When I came home from shopping, as soon as he saw me, he stopped and put his arms out to me. He was fine rest of the night. Last night while I was home I gave the baby to DH to hold and repeated the crying/comforting a couple times.

What do I do? Quitting working isn't an option. I was even thinking of working somewhere where I can take the baby with me, but where do I look? Plus it would have to be 2nd shift. I also have to add that the baby just hearing my voice doesn't cut it. He wants to be held by me. Everyone's telling me I've spoiled him from babywearing, cosleeping, comfort nursing, and playing with him all the time (WTF??). THat justs ticks me off. Can't spoil a baby. My milk dried up over a month ago, but now he likes to comfort nurse esp before taking a nap. Do I wean him completely in hopes that that would solve this problem?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my heart is just breaking with the thought of me returning back to work tomorrow night for the next 4 nights....He really screams and cries for me. What do I do? Do I accumulate debt b/c of this? Or find a different job? or let DH just "deal with it" as I"ve been told?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.