Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question about 4 way blood test..<br>
I am not wanting to do that cuz I heard it is not fully accurate, I am also opting out on the big US, 1500 dollars!!! OMG<br>
What is ur opinion on all that testing? I am 36

·
Premium Member
14,501 Posts
I was offered the quad screen today and opted out. im sort of shocked I was even offered at my age... I was never offered with the other two (I will be turning 28 right around when this baby comes)<br><br>
If I were older I might consider it... but at my age... while I do have the risk I feel like the risk of getting a false positive result is more than enough <i>not</i> to do it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I think that the answer to your question depends a great deal on what you would do with the information.<br><br>
For instance,<br><br>
- Are you a very analytical person who can rationally think about statistics or will you be thrown for a loop by a possibility of a concerning result?<br><br>
- Would you proceed differently with the pregnancy depending on the result of the test (termination, or any other option)?<br><br>
- Do you worry about every little thing during pregnancy and would the statistical information provide you solace?<br><br>
- Would you be interested in doing additional testing if you received a concerning result?<br><br>
IMHO knowing yourself and how you *personally* will experience this process is the key to your answer.<br><br>
(FWIW - I did have the quad screen, got some very concerning results and opted to move forward with an amnio. This was the right decision for *me and my family*.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts