Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>For my last labor and birth I delivered my dd in a squatting position (a little more quickly than we expected).  The doctor encouraged me to slow down a bit and lay on my side, but I was kind of out of my mind and focused only on ending labor - had to get her out immediately if it killed me.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I ended up with a 4th degree tear.  He stitched me up and it seemed to heal just fine without any complications.  I now realize how fortunate I am to have had healed so nicely relative to a handful of friends who suffered major complications from their tears. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am pregnant again and will have this baby approximately 20 months after the tear.  I am wondering if it's pretty common to tear again when you tore like I did.  Anybody know about this?</p>

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
<p>I also had a 4th degree with my first and was terrified for a repeat with #2. My son was 9lbs 7oz (a full 1.5lbs larger than my daughter) and I didn't even have one stitch the 2nd time around. So it CAN be done!!! Good luck.</p>

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<p>Wow!  Good for you!  What position were you in for #2?  Was it a different position than for #1?</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts