Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DD (13 months) seems to be having some issues with pooping lately. She has been going once or twice a day for the past 6 months, until about a month ago. Then she started skipping a couple days here and there, but never going more than 2 days in between. Today is now her 5th day with no bowel movement. She doesn't seem uncomfortable or extra fussy, but she is passing a little more gas. (Which she thinks is hilarious, by the way! :LOL ) We EC and there have been a few times when I've thought she needed to go, but when we got to the potty she didn't. I don't know if it matters, but she does *not* have poopy diaper accidents. She has strictly used the potty for bowel movements for months. I haven't started her on any vitamins or iron or given her anything out of the ordinary, but she has started eating a tiny bit of meat. I asked at her 12 month if pooping less often was a problem, but the ped said not to worry about it. However, it seems that a baby who is still nursing several times a day should be pooping more than this. She was never one of those babies to save it up or anything. Should I be concerned?

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
is she drinking enough water?

if she is not straining or in pain, she is probably ok.

if she is old enough to have a smoothie, i would fix her one. that way she will get a nutritious treat, probably go, and you can stop worrying!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts