Mothering Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm trying againg (and again!) this month. i maintained last month at 145, even through thanksgiving.

i'm doing low-carb but didn't stick with it very well lasr month. i'm also trying hard to push water as i'm really bad about not drinking enough. i'm also trying to add in more coconut oil/milk/cream.

i'm also making sure to read a low-carb forum or article every day to stay motivated.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I'll join you! I'm trying to lose 10 lbs total (well, maybe 15, we'll see). I've lost about 3 so far.

I'm not low-carbing though. Just trying to eat a lot more fruits and veggies and not snack at night after the kids are asleep (that's how I gained the weight in the first place...the kids were in bed and dh and I would have a party every night eating junk food and watching movies...I gotta admit it was fun while it lasted lol!)

I tracked my food for a while on dailyplate.com but now that I have a feel for it I only track every once in a while. And I do a little strength training (at home with dumbells) three days a week to add some muscle.

It will be hard to keep it up through the holidays I got to admit!
Good luck to you!

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Great thread, count me in!

Quote:
i'm doing low-carb but didn't stick with it very well lasr month. i'm also trying hard to push water as i'm really bad about not drinking enough. i'm also trying to add in more coconut oil/milk/cream.
Wow, that sounds just like me. I'm doing a paleolithic diet (eating like our hunter/gatherer ancestors) which is low carb too. Yesterday, I started taking 1 tsp of coconut oil in the morning and at night. I think it's working. I'm also doing the same with apple cider vinegar.

: here's to all of our success during a challenging month. Yay, for supporting each other!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by TatianaTiger View Post
Great thread, count me in!

Wow, that sounds just like me. I'm doing a paleolithic diet (eating like our hunter/gatherer ancestors) which is low carb too. Yesterday, I started taking 1 tsp of coconut oil in the morning and at night. I think it's working. I'm also doing the same with apple cider vinegar.

: here's to all of our success during a challenging month. Yay, for supporting each other!
the paleo is what i'm doing. i'm trying to get vlc and am ultimately shooting for zc, i think. i'm reading good things about it!
:

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
I'm in. DS was just in the hospital, and I had to stay with him. Apparently over 5 days, eating 1 meal a day (they don't feed the parents and I wasn't allowed to leave him) I gaiend 7 lbs!!! Grrrrr. But I need to lose weight anyways, so here I go. Will post more later.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by babygrant View Post
I'm in. DS was just in the hospital, and I had to stay with him. Apparently over 5 days, eating 1 meal a day (they don't feed the parents and I wasn't allowed to leave him) I gaiend 7 lbs!!! Grrrrr. But I need to lose weight anyways, so here I go. Will post more later.
What a bummer! Some of it must be water weight. Hope your little guy is okay.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Quote:
Oh no, I'm sorry. A lot must be water weight.

How is everyone doing with their goals?

Sunday is a difficult day for me because my husband and I spend the day together and I tend to eat not as healthy around him. I had a crepe, which I'm ok with because I planned on having a treat. But, we had pizza for dinner and I do regret that. I haven't had pizza in 2 months and it made me feel disgusting. My stomach was in knots this morning. In a way it made me glad because I don't want to eat that junk anyway, feeling sick afterwards just makes me feel even more motivated not to. We're going out to dinner tonight and I am holding myself accountable to make a smart choice for dinner.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Count me in! I am going to try to eat more protein. I am exercising 6 days a week now at 45-60 minutes per session.

It's difficult for me because the only slot other than really earning in the morning, is to exercise at night. When I get done, I usually feel so hungry that I end up eating well past 10pm.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I'm in!!!! My toddler just cut down on his nursing sessions and in the process I have gained 5 lbs! eek.

So I am going to try to lose 5 this month.

Basically just keeping track of what I eat and doing 30 minutes of cardio and some yoga every day.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Hey Everyone,

How are you doing?

Things are going well for me in terms of what I'm eating. However, I got a cold on Monday so that impacted my workouts so I'm a little bummed about that. So far, I've lost 1.5 lbs. That means 3.5 lbs in 20 days or a little over a pound a week. I am holding myself to this goal. That means I'm going to have to step up my workouts.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Nice work Tatiana Tiger!

I weigh myself on Saturdays. I seem to have gained back two of the three pounds I lost
: I did not eat that well this week, but I was sort of expecting to have stayed the same. Oh well.

I am a student and had finals this week so I will get back on track now that they're over. I'm excited to have a little more free time!

How is everyone else?

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TatianaTiger View Post
How is everyone doing? Update when you can

I have 2 lbs to go to reach my goal. I ate some Christmas cookies today and I wasn't planning on it
I feel yucky now
I still have to lose those 2 lbs. This is a tough month with all the food around. I have 9 days to reach my goal so it is totally attainable if I am dedicated. I need to get off my butt and go to the gym today

Anyone else out there, anyone?

·
Registered
879 Posts
I've only managed to maintain
I love snacking at night after my kids are asleep, that's my biggest downfall I think. I'm working on snacking on healthier/low cal options instead. My husband cooks and bakes (he is fully in charge of the kitchen), which I am grateful for on the one hand and on the other it is sooooo hard to resist eating too much of the delicious things he makes.

I'm exercising more, so I'm hoping my weight will slowly drift down. I'd actually be happy to lose only half a pound a week. It will take longer, I know, but I think it would be more likely to be a long term sustainable weight loss for me.

Way to go on almost reaching your goal Tatiana Tiger! That's great!!

Sarahyao, how is the paleo diet working for you? Do you struggle with cravings or anything? How is your energy level?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by anniegirl View Post
Sarahyao, how is the paleo diet working for you? Do you struggle with cravings or anything? How is your energy level?
the first day was a little tough with cravings because i'm going VERY low carb for a little while (i.e. no fruits, almost no veggies, the carbs i'm getting are pretty much from liver and eggs). the second day i had a headache. since day 3 it's been clear sailing. i do have cravings for meat - i think i'm too heavy right now on eggs and organ meats since they're cheap.
i keep imagining a big, beautiful T-bone.
: cheese has been my only down-fall so far - costco had a roadshow.
:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.