Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dd was nursing about ever 3 hrs at night, but this week things have changed.. it has gottten gradually 'worse'. last night i got no sleep because if i moved and dd was not next to the boob, she would wake up crying. i had to stay in the sameposition all night.
: every hour she would root around to nurse, she just kept sucking and sucking. she would go for like 20 mins... these weren't snacks!

is there a growth spurt coming up? i wish i knew why she was acting this way. i just want a full 2 hrs of sleep! this seems worse than when she was a nb!

·
Registered
786 Posts
My guess is teething and/or she is about to master something new developmentally.

My daughter slept through the night (5-7 hours) from 3-8ish months. Then she crawled. And got some more teeth. And even more teeth. And then she walked. She's just now (14 months) starting to sleep in 3-4 hour chunks again. I still frequently wake up with a stiff neck/shoulder though from nursing her, but at least I get to sleep.

Moving her a few feet away from me onto her own mattress (I sleep on the floor) has helped a little bit with the frequent night waking, but when she wants to nurse she wants to nurse... sorry this isn't more helpful

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Sounds like sleep regression to me! My DD just turned 5 months yesterday and she was doing the SAME thing as yours for two weeks last month. Every. single. night. Yes, I was going insane. But, at least I know what's going on and that it doesn't last forever. Last night, she was back to sleeping 3-4 hour stretches. Also, once her sleep patterns settled back to "normal", I noticed she could do stuff she couldn't before (she discoverd her feet the other day...hilarious!).

Here's a link I found that might help...
http://www.askmoxie.org/2006/02/qa_what_are_sle.html

Don't get discouraged! It'll get better

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks! after reading the slep regression artical, that's what it sounds like.

it was much better last night. she just was so squirmy in the a.m before waking up... she woke up an hour and a half after her going down for the night, i was thinking, here we go. but she slept for a few hours!

i seem to remember her doing this around 3 months too! i guess she'll go back to her sleeping patterns soon... at least i'm not the only one!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.