Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in the same boat as me? I need some tips on everyday life with all 3 of them. How do you all do it. I feel like i am always saying NO..NO..NO I dont even have time to type what I want to say lol

·
Registered
282 Posts
It will get better. I had a 5 yo, 28 mo old and a newborn. I had the baby right before spring break. DH was off the week we came home and then BAM spring break w/all 3 of them and no DH to help.

You don't do it all. You do what you can. ;) And hopefully DH will pitch in.

It helped me to have a schedule. And I would read to the 28 mo old while I nursed. Or she'd cook me up lots of soup and cupcakes and tea in the kitchen. Or she'd feed her baby or take care of it too.

EVERYONE is adjusting to the baby, it will take some time for you all to get into a rhythm.

I tried to spend more one on one time with the older two. A few extra mins of talking and cuddling at bed time. Lots of praise and involving the older in entertaining the 2 yo. Or putting the 5 yo in charge of the baby playing on the floor/bouncy..etc so I could do a chore or brush my teeth. Or do a puzzle or activity w/the 2 yo.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 5 year old is great! Shes helps so much...always wanting to get the paci if the baby is screaming ....talks to the baby etc....When I have the baby in the bouncer so i can do something for a sec...my 22 month old tries to sit on her or bounce it really fast.and my 5 year old can only hold him back for so long :) ..I moved it to the top of the table but he just figures out a way to get up there. UGH its nuts. He won't even leave her alone in the swing.

Don't get me wrong, I have had a few days that were a breeze and I was amazed how smooth it went. But 9 out of 10....I am going nuts.

I am trying to stay on a schedule but it is hard. Mornings are a bit of a struggle. My 5 year old gets right up and ready to get dressed and eat..so no prob there....its just trying to get the 22 month old changed , dressed, fed...all while the new baby is awake needing to be changed , nursed etc.

Can anyone chime in and tell me how your day starts from waking up to say about lunch/nap time.

Thanks for any advice

·
Registered
282 Posts
The baby would usually wake about 5 or so to eat but then go back to sleep till 8 am. I'd get my oldest breakfast, and ready for school, then the 2 yo would wake and I'd have her breakfast ready and I let her watch TV and eat her breakfast in the living room..huge treat....while I got the baby up and DS out the door for the bus. Then nurse the baby. My main goal was to occupy the 2 yo b/c she liked to help too much and love her to hard also. lol The baby was portable and easy...the 2 yo not so much!

·
Registered
77 Posts
When my 4th child was born, my little ones were 4, 2, 11 months and newborn! Now I have 6 children (ages 12, 10, 9, 8, 6 and 4). I can tell you there is no way around the fact that it is going to be an extremely busy time of your life...lol! Is there anything in particular that you are looking for tips on? I'd be happy to share some of the ideas that have helped me over the years, but I'm having a hard time narrowing the topic...lol.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I now have a 6, 4 and 1.5 yo. Do you have a good carrier or sling that you like? My youngest lived in ours for several months. It freed up my hands to play with my boys and allowed me to get chores done. Plus, she's our last so I wanted to hold her as much as possible. No question about it, it is busy and crazy. When I start to feel the strain I just take deep breath and say that this is life with 3 kids. Have fun.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I agree with NZJMama about the sling. When our sixth baby was born, she cried non-stop for months. I'm honestly not exaggerating. I tried everything including an elimination diet after which I quit nursing altogether (thinking there had to be something in my milk bothering her). I took her to the doctor several times but they couldn't find anything wrong. When that didn't work, I began to worry about our bonding because of the extreme stress this was creating, so I researched how to re-lactate. I was hopeful that if I nursed her again it would help with the bonding. It took a lot of work, but I was successful and began to produce milk again. This was after 2 months of no nursing! Anyway, at the same time I also decided to try "koala care." I carried her in a moby wrap from the moment she woke up until we went to bed for at least a month. Between the two (nursing and carrying), she turned the corner and began to calm down. By 8 months old she was a completely different child. Now she's 4 and I'd say she was my easiest toddler!

Hopefully you don't have that kind of a experience! But a wrap could really free you up a lot to move around. My point in sharing that particular experience comes back to the moby wrap. I have a lot of back problems and was always unable to tolerate most slings. With the moby wrap, I was able to carry my baby without pain and discomfort. I was even able to carry my 18 month old while on a hike when I was still 4 months pregnant! That NEVER would have happened with another type of sling.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.