Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He let me look, I see nothing out of the ordinary. He's been grabbing himself a lot more lately, just holding himself.

I told him I'd put in a call to his doctor on Monday morning, and until then he could have warm/cool packs.

He is circed. I just don't know what to do/look for!!

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
One of my nephews had a torsioned testicle way back when he was still an infant. Took some doing to figure out why he was crying so much of the time.

See if he can differentiate between those and his penis? Might narrow things down for the doc when you get there.

·
Registered
14,488 Posts
Put some coconut oil or olive oil on it. Boys get irritated sometimes just like girls do around/between the labia. It is probably just that simple. ?

Don't let him sit in the tub long. And for sure don't use bubble baths. Soap only at the end of the bath, not while he is playing in the tub.
It's better just to shower mostly.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Those are good points Gitti!

DD's had some occasional pain in her vulva, with no signs or symptoms of anything, not even redness. Reminding her to rinse well in the shower, no soapy baths, and some sort of protective oil seem to help.

·
Premium Member
14,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gitti View Post
Put some coconut oil or olive oil on it. Boys get irritated sometimes just like girls do around/between the labia. It is probably just that simple. ?

Don't let him sit in the tub long. And for sure don't use bubble baths. Soap only at the end of the bath, not while he is playing in the tub.
It's better just to shower mostly.
Thanks! He's already a 'shower boy' since I cut out the bubbles about 2 years ago. He decided it's much more fun to get "rain clean".

And the next time he says it hurts, I will try one of the oils for irritation.

·
Registered
7,537 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AutumnBreeze View Post
Thanks! He's already a 'shower boy' since I cut out the bubbles about 2 years ago. He decided it's much more fun to get "rain clean".

And the next time he says it hurts, I will try one of the oils for irritation.
My 5 y/o said his penis hurt allover he was having erections.
I didn't think it would happed this early.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.