Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am charting to avoid at the moment, but still, c'mon!! CD 40 and STILL no ovulation! my cervix has been SHOW for over a week now, along with EWCM.

When we were TTC, it took us a whole year due to this very reason... long and irregular cycles. My cycle ranges from 30-60 days, sometimes more (when I was a teen, I would go MONTHS without it sometimes).

I am not TTC, it is still annoying. It seems I am forever in my fertile phase. DH is wary to DTD when am about to O--but I am "about to O" for weeks at a time! Not to mention my long cycles suck due to prolonged O-ish cramping and bloating! It is like torture suffering through these long cycles. What could be causing this?

I had my thyroid tested, blood tested--all fine, they don't think I have PCOS, my ovaries were scanned, and they're fine too. The only thing I can think of is maybe I am estrogen dominant? I don't think OB's test for that, they didn't mention it to me anyways.

Anyone also suffer with long cycles?

· Registered
362 Posts
yep. another long, irregular cycler here. All tests come back "normal" but I seem to have "unexplained infertily". UH...maybe the fact that I only ovulate 2-3 times a year???

Just wanted to say you are not alone. Just try to be very assertive with your doctors and see if they'll do more testing..it could help.

· Registered
4,279 Posts
You may want to ask for a copy of your bloodwork or see if anything's low or borderline. I'm frequently borderline hypo and can slip into 50+ day cycles if I'm not supporting my thyroid (no soy, natural thyroid support suplements).

So I guess my question is how fine is "fine"? some doctors have differing interpretations of "normal" and don't consider "normal" though LOW numbers to reflect a problem, when in reality they may very well be.

Just a though.

· Registered
837 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by eirual View Post
You may want to ask for a copy of your bloodwork or see if anything's low or borderline. I'm frequently borderline hypo and can slip into 50+ day cycles if I'm not supporting my thyroid (no soy, natural thyroid support suplements).

So I guess my question is how fine is "fine"? some doctors have differing interpretations of "normal" and don't consider "normal" though LOW numbers to reflect a problem, when in reality they may very well be.

Just a though.
This.

I have heard that thyroid problems are super hard to diagnose sometimes. You have to go to the right doctor and know what you are talking about.

I bet you could google it.

I either have hypo-thyroid or an iron deficincy...........the reason I haven't got it taken care of is because I know how much of a pain in the arse it is gonna be

Well, not if it is just iron - I will just have to remember to take my iron!

· Registered
7,395 Posts
I had the same issue. I had long cycles all my life 40-48 days, and everything tested normally. I did ovulate. They deemed it "unexplained."

Many of the women in my family have similar cycles. My mother, who had 6 kids did, as well as several of my sisters.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.