Mothering Forum banner

5th HCG

697 views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  FarmerCathy 
#1 ·
Numbers are only up to 853. (from 607) again up....but the nurse is making it sound like it is looking bad. I have to go in once again tomorrow and stay to talk with the RE. He may or may not do an U/S at that point. Bleh. All is feeling the same as with Tyr...but she said the numbers are rising so poorly that unfortunately the fact that I am feeling the same could mean nothing. Wish me luck for tomorrow.
That was yesterday at 6wks (going by ovulation date)

My first reading last Tuesday was 288 then 467 then 494 then 607 and now at 853.

I think what is making it all worse is the fact that I can't just be happy and celebrate this pregnancy....I spend everyday waiting for results and worrying everytime I pee. I have had absolutely no cramping or spotting. I am having all the usual fatigue and afternoon queasiness, but generally feeling great (just like with my son).

I really hope I will have an u/s tomorrow and maybe that will give a bit more of an answer. I know that this early and at these levels they may not see much but I am done with having blood every other day. I am more than happy to go in every 5 days for an u/s. lol sorry just had to whine a bit.

See less See more
#5 ·
Hi LoneGirl,

We're here to support you so I'm glad you felt able to come share.

Check out the site Misdiagnosed Miscarriages for some good stories of people with low rising hCG. The link I included is to their stories page and if you scroll down there's a section on low rising numbers that will help give you hope.

I think staying hopeful and positive is the best thing you can do at this point... think happy thoughts for the baby!

*hugs*

Sheryl

#7 ·
They are waiting as the RE feels he wont see anything at this point that will point him in the right direction. I just got back from the RE office. So, no u/s today. I had yet another hcg drawn. I spoke with the Doctor this time. Pretty much what the nurse said is what he said. There are slow risers and there are sloooow risers....I am a sloooow riser. He felt it too early to u/s today and we will do it in 2-4 days. Because I am having no cramping or bleeding that is good. He is just really concerned now. There is a glimmer of hope that it will turn out ok....but only a glimmer. I guess I am following the typical abnormal rise....but he said there is the occassional case of abnormal rise and normal pregnancy. If u/s shows not ectopic then we will just watch and wait.

#9 ·
I am so sorry you are having a hard time. With my now 16 month old, my betas were not going up like they should have also. The doctor was going to do a D&C. Thank Goodness we postponed it until after the holidays! My numbers started to rise then.

I hope your numbers start to go up better for you.

#11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaAsheri View Post

What is this number thing? I don't understand it. Should I be tracking this and if so, how?
It's the HCG levels, pregnancy hormone that goes up every week the baby is developing. This way the doctor can know if the baby is growing.

Week one: 0-50

Week two: 50-500

Week three: 100-10,000

Week four: 1,000-30,000

Week five: 3,500-115,000

Week six-eight; 12,000-270,000

Week twelve : 15,000-220,000

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.