Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 6.5 year old dd often complains that her stomach hurts. The complaint usually comes after eating (but not eating a lot). Sometimes it's before eating though... she'll say she can't eat because her tummy hurts.<br><br>
She also often complains that her back hurts. That complaint is usually first thing in the morning. Her mattress is pretty new so I don't think that's the issue.<br><br>
I have no idea if these issues are related... I don't usually do anything about the complaints but lately I'm wondering if something could actually be wrong... any suggestions?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I would think maybe a couple of things. Maybe a UTI? When I had a couple, I never had any pain or discomfort when urinating, but I was sick to my stomach a lot and had lower back pain so the doc finally did a test and that was the result.<br><br>
The other thing I would think is some kind of food allergy or sensitivity. My kids used to constantly(as in a few times a day) complain about stomach aches and I decided to eliminate HFCS and they haven't had one since. I couldn't believe it. If her stomach is bothering her enough, it could feel like it is in her back too. My dd is also dairy intolerant which caused her stomach problems before I realized it. Most of it was nausea, but sometimes stomach aches too.<br><br>
Those are just some possible ideas off the top of my head, whatever it is though I hope you are able to find out and help her feel better. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts