Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sam is almost 6 months...he poops waaaay less than he used to but is farting waaaay alot...we haven't given him any solids yet, so I am not sure where the stinky, frequent farts are coming from! Why is this?

Also...when we weigh him on our scale at home, he really doesn't seem to have gained much more weight than a couple of months ago. But he sure looks and feels bigger and longer. Why is this???

I bet you mamas know
:

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Don't know why but we have the same thing w/Cole...unbelievably stinky farts, but less poop! Sometimes I'd almost rather have the poop!!!

As far as weight gain, Cole gained 5.5 lbs b/w birth & 2 mo check up, 4lbs b/w 2 & 4 mo check ups and just under 2 lbs b/w 4 & 6 months. I'm not an expert, but I think weight gain starts to slow down around now.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Yes, weight gain does slow down quite a bit now. At least that's true of bf babies. I know ff babies gain differently, but not sure how (maybe more gradually over the course of the first year instead of a lot of growth in the beginning?
).

:LOL at the stinky farts. It's hard telling... have you started eating anything new recently?

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
DD's digestion changed around 6 months. Her poops changed color, got stinker & less frequent. And the gas, oh my!

I've read that their digestive systems change a lot right around that time, so I bet that's what's going on.

Now DD (at 7 months) is back to pooing several times a day, but it still stinks. She's pretty much EBF, just gets a small piece of apple to chew on daily.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have a 3 mo. old with the worlds STINKIEST farts. It IS wierd, you'd think since the poop doesn't smell, that the farts wouldn't either. Oh well! I think one of the causes in our case is that he's got a sensitivity to cow's milk protein, and so I've replaced that with more soy stuff in my own diet. Makes me a bit more gassy too. TMI.

So...you're not the only one!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.