Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess they will just never go away. I eat a regime of prunes, oatmeal, flaxseed, fruit and veggies and tons of water. Every so once in awhile I have to strain just a bit and bam I get the bleeding again. I feel like they are not healing. I just manage them I guess.

I know there are tons of other hemmorhoid threads but I just really need to here from others who have them still so far PP. Ugh. Can I make them go away?

Actually, they are getting worse!!!!!!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hmpf...Same problem here. Anyone have a solution? Seems they are getting worse as I get older
:

·
Registered
418 Posts
I am 5 months pp, and I still have them. I have mild Crohn's disease so going is NOT a problem, and I never have to strain, but they are still there. i have them internally and externally.

I talked to my OB about them last month at my yearly and he said that as long as they weren't hurting or bleeding (a small amount of blood being ok though), then just managing them was fine. he also said i would probably always have them to some extent.

i manage them with preparation h cream for if they are itchy, use the wipes to cleanse the area, and that's about it.

i'm glad to see i'm not the only one.

·
Registered
912 Posts
My son is almost 11 months and I still get them. They are the ONE thing from pregnancy and childbirth that I absolutely HATE!
: I remember reading that most/many women continue to have them throughout life after childbirth and pregnancy. awesome. yay.
:

·
Registered
279 Posts
I just wanted to say that mine were horrible after I had my dd but then with this birth very manageable. When I had my dd I was using preparation h and it made them so bad. I switched to the Hyland's homeopathic cream and they finally got better. I gifted my sister some of the cream after her son was born and it worked great for her too.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Mine are still coming and going 6 months PP, so you're not alone!

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sages View Post
My son is almost 11 months and I still get them. They are the ONE thing from pregnancy and childbirth that I absolutely HATE!
: I remember reading that most/many women continue to have them throughout life after childbirth and pregnancy. awesome. yay.
:
My dd will be two in MAY, and I've still got 'em--tho I recently went off gluten and that is helping...I'm gonna have to try hylands...

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have a friend that has to kids and both were c-section and she has them?!!

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by dannic View Post
My dd will be two in MAY, and I've still got 'em--tho I recently went off gluten and that is helping...I'm gonna have to try hylands...
????Is this common??? Did you go of gluten because of them or for something else and it was an unintended side effect?

·
Registered
279 Posts
I got mine from my local health food store. You can also order it here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harmony08 View Post
Can you get this Hylands stuff in the regular drugstore or is it an online thing?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.