Mothering Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ended up having an US yesterday to rule out ectopic. Sac and fetal pole seen but no heartbeat. Quantitative HCG was 13,271. Thoughts? Anyone have this happen? I go back Thursday for repeat HCG and then June 28 (2 weeks) for another US.

·
Registered
401 Posts
That happened to me. My OB said that higher HCG levels early in pregnancy can indicate a non-viable feotus. With me, and this is only my experience, the chemical that was supposed to tell the heart to stop beating,well, just didn't.

Sending you hugs and good luck to you.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That happened to me. My OB said that higher HCG levels early in pregnancy can indicate a non-viable feotus. With me, and this is only my experience, the chemical that was supposed to tell the heart to stop beating,well, just didn't.

Sending you hugs and good luck to you.
Thanks for kind words :)
I'm confused though - what chemical and why would it tell the heart to stop? My midwife seemed pleased with numbers as I am in range for the weeks - not over or under. My redraw was this morning. Should know something tomorrow or Monday at latest.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Doctor called with labs. They were 13,271 in ER Monday night and came in at 33,000 yesterday morning. So we got them doubled and then some. They say that means baby is alive and growing for now. Ultrasound still planned for June 28 in the a.m.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That's about where my levels were at 6.5 weeks and I'm now 9.5 with a healthy baby seen yesterday. Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts