Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dd, now 7 months, is a super great sleeper, she has slept through the night since she was 8 weeks old and regularily sleeps 10 hours. Her normal bed time is 8pm. So now she falls asleep in my arms, we do the routine, last BF at 7:30ish and I put her down. Now she's crying and squealing until I pick her up again and we end up staying up until she gets tired around 10pm or 11pm. However I don't get an evening at all anymore. I normally eat at this time and take a shower. I'm so worn out at this time of day and I need a break.<br>
Dh thinks she's manipulated me into getting her up and getting her way and he's said it's my deal if I get her up again. Well, I think she just isn't tired enough and wants to stay up. However she doesn't want to do anything, no cuddling, feeding, etc. She just fussy. And I don't want to stimulate her too much by dancing her around and making her giggle. Could she be more fussy because she's teething (no teeth yet, drooling has stopped in the last week or two).<br>
Any advice???<br>
Well, now as I was writing this posting, she was fussing a bit, not really crying, and now she's quiet.I just checked on her, without her seeing me, and she's sucking her thumb

·
Registered
52 Posts
At this age, teething definately comes to mind. I would also suggest maybe you should put her down an hour or so later- I find my daughter sleeps so much more soundly if she is really tired when she sleeps, otherwise she can be very restless. Is she still taking 2 naps a day? My DD didn't sleep 10 hours + 2 naps ever, its very possible she just needs a little less sleep.

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Personally, I don't think your DH is correct, but that's just based on my experience with one child. At that age, if they get up, it's for a reason. JMO. I think she's probably teething or maybe having other problems.<br><br>
Try to make it work for you however you can. If my DS wouldn't sleep, I'd put him in a sling on my back and do stuff. Of course, slinging is a great way to get them to sleep anyway, too.<br><br>
If she's fussy, I imagine she's tired but having trouble sleeping for some reason.<br><br>
Sorry I don't have more advice. I hope things get better soon!

·
Registered
12,633 Posts
manipulate is such a mean negative word. ur son is doing what he feels is best for him. i mean look at us. do we all really have a fixed bedtime. we may go to bed but read till we are sleepy. so he feels if i am not tired why should i go to bed.<br><br>
when my dd started that i made sure we had some heavy physical activity at the park perhaps before daddy comes home. if she was tired it would be much easier to put her to bed. at 2.75 years old she still does teh same. if i forcefully put her to bed at her scheduled time she will just stay awake playing with her fingers and toes singing or talking to her friends from anything from 15 mins to 2 hours.<br><br>
is there anything he finds really soothing and relaxing. with my dd it is bath and then lights out with candles and meditation music. but she has to be tired to some degree for it to work. otherwise it takes a couple of hours of that to finally go to sleep.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts