Mothering Forum banner

7 months after C-section some pain and itching is this normal?

3139 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Drummer's Wife
I had a c-section 7 months ago because of Placenta Previa, there were no problems with it at all and I healed fine.

I've had itching on my scar since then, which I know is normal due to the healing process. Is there anything I can do to help relieve it? It comes on fast and intense, and it's not like I can stick my hand in my pants to scratch it if I'm out in public!
It doesn't happen often, but when it does it's bad.

There is still some pain when my little one stands on the scar area too, which again I know is probably normal healing since they cut through some muscle. What I'm not sure about is a new pain I've been having. I got AF back 5 months PP, eventhough we were EBF'ing and no solids (this happend with my first DS too, but I had a natural birth with him.) and no pain except for cramping. The same with the second month. This time though I've had sudden, intense pain with AF. It's infrequent, but hurts enough to make me cringe and take a breath. It's in the area near my incision and nothing like a cramp. Has anyone had anything like this?

I'm not sure if this is normal for a c-section or if I should call my doctor. Thanks.
See less See more
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
I've never had anything like that happen (i've had two csections). I would call the doctor if something like that did happen, though.
Did you itch at all? I could understand me itching while the scar was healing, but it's been a long time now. The scar is smooth and pink, no dry skin or anything like that either.

Thanks, I think I might call them just in case. I didn't want to call for something normal, and I don't know anyone IRL who has had one to ask.
I had a c-section 4 months ago I did not have itching problems, I had other ones, but my girlfriend had a c-section 9 months ago and she went to the doctor due to the itching and she had ingrone hairs. I would go see your doctor.
See less See more
I had ovarian surgery a year ago and my scars still itch occasionally. For awhile I had a weird itchy yeast-like infection around them too, but I'm not 100% it was related. I am very fair skinned and I always thought that might have something to do with it itching for so long.
See less See more
I don't have itching but I still have pain on occasion. I've had 3 c-sections and the last one being 13 months ago.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.