Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I just found this foum and I am so glad.
Yesterday when I came home I had spotting brown and pink. it was for a few hours and is all but gone now. I am so worried! I went in for HCG level yesterday afternoon and will see from there Any thoughs or ideas? No ultrasound... midwaife says all I can do is wait and see.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by lila2801 View Post
Hopefully it'll be fine. I've had some spotting on and off about that time and I'm 10 weeks today. Do you have any cramping with it? How much spotting?
no cramping at all, just a few drops on my underwear and then only while wiping.

· Registered
1,920 Posts
Spotting is really common. Something like one in five women spot.
You should be able to a vaginal ultrasound to see the heart beat.
I know it's so scary. I spotted with my daughter--and she's five!--so as much as you can, just try and relax. (I know, I know. Easier said than done.)
Let us know how your doing in the next few days?

· Registered
2,172 Posts
I have had spotting for various lengths of time in each of my (now three) pregnancies. In the first, I had two or three short bouts starting about 6 or 7 weeks. In the second I had it off and on every few days between 8-15 weeks. This time I had it for about 5 days during the sixth week, and once more last week.

It is completely normal. So far I have had two healthy children and I am expecting one more in March!

If you have a lot of cramping or pain, or the blood is a lot, or very red, or has clumps in it- there may be more to worry about. But for me at least, pink and brown on the tp is normal for 1st trimester.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
looks like my HCG level is extreemly low. like 5 weeks insted of 7. Although I am still hopeful we think this is a miscarriage. I am getting my levels checked on friday again..................

· Registered
51 Posts
Don't give up yet, I've been having some spotting too since Saturday, on and off, and even though I'm supposed to be 7 weeks also, my hcg levels were more like 5.5-6 weeks. Still, the levels increased in 48 hours and they were able to see a heartbeat the second time they checked, so it could just be that your dates are off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.