Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 7 weeks pregnant....just found out last week & am extremely depressed & overwhelmed. I just dropped my wellbutrin but am still on zoloft. Is this just normal hormonal stuff? I'm seeing my midwife next seek& can discuss with her but I can't stand feeling this way. I also have a cold& am dealing with my rambunctious 3 yr old. I feel like I'm going to lose it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
<p>That stage in pregnancy has been difficult for me both times.  I felt exhausted and depressed and I do think it was partly hormonal.  The first time I subsequently felt better later on and my mood was the best it had been in years, which I also attribute to hormones. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am around 20 weeks now and I don't feel well.  I am struggling with the options of changing around meds, even stopping them, or maybe even playing with supps (my psychiatrist is board certified in holistic health)...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am just writing to offer you support and to encourage you to talk to your midwife and any other providers you have,  Hormones can certainly be influencing your mood.  It's so complicated, though, isn't it?</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts