Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if I should have posted this in the childhood years, but I need some advice concerning dd1. She has a vaginal discharge that is really bothering her. She occasionally also has itching, burning, frequent urination. When that happens we take her in to have her urine checked, but she doesn't have a UTI. The ped didn't seem to think it was a yeast infection either. Her symptoms come and go, so I just have no idea what it is or how to help. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
Even though the ped said he/she didn't think it was yeast, it sure sounds like it. You can try treating it naturally as yeast - give her probiotics and also apply plain yogurt to the vaginal region. If it's yeast, I think it would respond. HTH

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Yup, sounds like yeast.

yogurt with added (you add) acidophilus. Cut out the fruit and breads (and candy, if she eats it) for a bit.

Yogurt is VERY soothing as a topical, but I sprinkle acidophilus directly on my 'area', I think either would work fine.

so, lots of yogurt with added acidophilus, cut out sugars-breads included, and a topical for the itching.

as for the discharge, I think its her body trying to get rid of the yeast. Smart body!

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
at 7, it could also be from her rising estrogen. normal vaginal discharge associated with hormones prepping her for menses in a couple of years ( I know, it seems way too early!!) so also take the opportunity to discuss normal and healthy hygeine habits ( wiping well, bathing, cotton underwear, avoid baths and opt for showers, etc).

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the advice! I talked to a friend last night and she made some of the same recommendations. We'll give it a try.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.