Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Hey yal,</p>
<p>well my 7 yo dd has always had a potty problem. she is in a pull up at nighttime b/c she sleeps so hard and soundly, that she doesn't wake up. she is having trouble making it to the bathroom at school now (she is in 1st grade). i'm afraid the other kids will start to notice and pick on her. today we were home and she had 4 different accidents througout the day (1 being a poopy in her pants). needless to say, my husband and i are so frustrated and embarressed for her. her ped doesn't seem to think there is an issue. does anyone have a similar experience or know what could be causing this? she has ALWAYS been like this. </p>
<p>thanks for any info...</p>
<p>-kate</p>

·
Premium Member
9,138 Posts
Hmmm...when I asked about my son who occasionally has accidents (pee) at nearly 7 the pediatrician asked if he was dry at night. When I said yes he told me it's not physical then but just behavioral (in my son's case he waits to go and then starts laughing or something usually). I asked my BIL who is also a ped. who said the same thing re: night control and day accidents.<br><br>
So I don't know a lot about it but that many accidents (pee and poo) and not trained at night sounds like it needs checked out to me. I'd ask the pediatrician for a referral to whomever is appropriate for this sort of thing. I'd insist.<br><br>
That said, does she have constipation? If so that could be your issue. If kids get impacted and such they can lose bowel control and have bladder accidents too (as the stool pushes on the bladder if I recall). Since she has both I wonder if that might be the issue. My friend's daughter had to do miralax for a while so she got cleaned out and didn't withhold anymore.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts