Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We really need a board devoted to postpartum questions here, but since most of us with babies have similar situations I guess they go here for now.

I've been getting cramps, uterine I'm pretty sure, every evening for about 2 weeks. Is this normal? Or should I see a doctor to rule out problems? DS is 7.5 months old, I haven't had AF come back yet. He still nurses during the night sometimes. Could this just be leading up to its return?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I just had the return of AF at only 4.5 mos PP (despite ecological BFing!). The biggest indicator for me was cervical fluid. I got LOTS of it the couple weeks before AF showed up. I've heard from others that this was a sign for them too. I've done NFP/FAM for BC, so checking it is a habit.

I'm not sure about the cramping ... I've actually never had AF or PMS cramps
:! If it is something that isn't very bad, I'd say not to worry. If the cramps are depilitating, I'd definitely have it checked out.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I had what seemed like AF cramps periodically starting around 10 months pp. AF didn't actually show up till 20 months. I can't tell you how many times I hurried to the bathroom and was shocked to find...nothing!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts