Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello wise mammas, My 8 mo has just started grinding his teeth. He has three on the top and two on the bottom. The noise (and possibly the damage he is doing) is disturbing. Any one got any ideas on how to get him to stop or is it a phase and as the teeth get bigger he will stop? He also has some slight discolouraton on the top front teeth. Iv'e been giving him h2o after bm feeds and cleaning them with a facewasher after food. It's a bit worrying after some of the posts I've read here about root canals etc
Love Kylee xxx

·
Registered
14,239 Posts
Both of mine went thru this phase a time or 2 while teething. I think it is just a responce to that. Neither did any damage that I could tell and it passed fairly fast when it happened. But the noise
:

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
I think many kids go through a grinding phase just because they can. "hey, I have these new things in my mouth... listen to the noise they can make..."

I don't know of anything that can be done to stop it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No I'm not really taking any supplements now. I guess I should still be taking a multivitamin but just keep forgetting it- busy-busy. What is best in cod-liver oil. The liquid would be pretty hard to swallow i can imagine.
Thanks wise mammas

·
Registered
629 Posts
I noticed in my homeopathy books that Belladonna's helpful for teeth grinding with fever (and my baby does that!). Here's a site I found helpful: www.webhomeopath.com - the Kent/basic repetory is free and I've never been spammed or anything. If you put "Grinding" in the symptom box, there are a few choices that pop up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.