Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ladies,<br>
my 8 month old baby caught chicken pox and poor lil one was really miserable last night. I had taken her to the doctor on friday. We weren't prescribed any drugs,she said I could give her calpol if need be. However she doesn't want it.<br>
She cried so much last night, even the breast didn't do the trick. She doesn't want to sleep either which makes her feel overtired. All I can do is giving her a bath with oatmeal. Any suggestions? Any ideas on how long this illness lasts? I want my happiest baby back. You feel so bad when you just can't help her...

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
try aqueous cream with calamine lotion worked wonders when my youngest got chichken pox a few months ago. all 3 of mine have had it and nothing workeda t all. this just helped sooth them a bit some backing soda in water is good too<br><br>
hope she gets better soon. my DD got it at 8 motnh old too. was awful<br><br>
Kiz

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
ds2 got cp at 9 mos old and gave it to my older 2. I think we used solarcaine sprayed on the pox, in addition to the oatmeal baths. Also, calomine lotion and possibly benadryl. It was a while ago, don't remember too well.

·
Premium Member
34,292 Posts
Moving to health and healing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts