Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I'm still almost EBFing my 8 mo DS (we do BLW, so he really only has a few bites of solids a day) and he seems to want more after he has drained the breast. I have always nursed from one side only per feeding, since he had some issues with foremilk/hindmilk imbalance early on. Now that he is older, should I be offering both breasts at a feeding? I don't want him to end up all gassy and miserable like he used to. Anyone BTDT?</p>

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
<p>I don't think there is a definite "should" offer both sides beyond a certain age but, if your LO seems to be wanting more then I would definitely offer the other side. He may just be going through a growth spurt and need to increase your supply or he may continue to need both sides. As far as the fore/hindmilk imbalance I think the only way to know if it's going to be an issue is to try it and see. I suspect that it won't be a problem now that he's older and his digestive system is more mature. But, if it is, at least you'll be on the lookout for it and able to go back to one side/feed straight away.</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts