Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last two nights Kaitlyn has been waking up, yet not completely, during the middle of the night screaming about every hour. She has her two bottom front teeth and I am wondering if it is teething and the two top ones are coming in.

She will immediately latch on and fall asleep a little later. This is not at all like her. Last night I gave her tylenol around 3 am and she slept most of the night after that.

We are not upset or bothered by the wakings, I just don't want her to be in pain but nor do I want to have to give her tylenol a lot. The night before I tried Hyland's but that did not help at all. Also when her two bottom teeth came in she did not fuss at all.

Any ideas/thoughts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Have you thought about changing her naps during the day? Emi is about the same age & is doing the same thing. She's teething as well, but like you said the first ones didn't seem to bother her. She used to nap about 3 times a day, with the last nap being from 3-4:30'ish. I've found that if she only take 2 naps, and if the last one doesn't go past 4 she definitly sleeps better at night. Yesterday she napped from 2-3 and then slept from 8p-5a without waking. This is the same kid who woke about 5 times the night before!

Anyway, just wanted to let you know you're not alone. They sure do keep us on our toes don't they?

Holly

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.