Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I'm very pissed right now, I have those damn blocks and DS has been playing with the blue one since 4 months old. He loves to chew on them, but the blue has always been his favorite. I wonder if I should have a lead test done?
:

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
We have the blocks as well. I think we got them before June, but it makes me so mad! I have told my Mother repeatedly not to buy this mass-marketed, MIC stuff. I have even sent her websites for Oompa Toys. Grrr...

The problem is, she doesn't really like to buy over the internet. She wants the satisfaction of buying something right there at the store. Is there anything at BRU or Target that could be considered "natural"?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Today before picking ds up from school I went through their bedrooms, playroom, and living rooms and packed away every toy made in china.. a few boxes of crap that can go to Salvation Army or something and then 2 small boxes of stuff they love thats made in china that Im going to test for lead.. going to Lowes this weekend to get a test kit thing.. A lot of the books we have (board books and stuff) are made in China so that got me wondering.. and then some stuffed animals that only have paint on the eyes and stuff? So Im just gonna test it all.. better safe than sorry.. its only the books and stuff they really really love that I want to keep from China.. everything else will be made in the us, europe, or handmade from countries like Thailand or Mexico or something lol..

also got to thinking.. what about cribs, baby swings, carseats??

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bdoody11 View Post
We have the blocks as well. I think we got them before June, but it makes me so mad! I have told my Mother repeatedly not to buy this mass-marketed, MIC stuff. I have even sent her websites for Oompa Toys. Grrr...

The problem is, she doesn't really like to buy over the internet. She wants the satisfaction of buying something right there at the store. Is there anything at BRU or Target that could be considered "natural"?
some regular everyday in store brands like Crayola make products in the US.. just tell her to check the box or tag to see where its from.. or get a giftcard lol.. I know what you mean though. I specifically told dh's family no plastic for their bdays in april and may and what do we get? a ton of plastic toys and some particle board toys lol. I told them only solid wood toys, books, clothes, giftcards, or playsilks lol.. oh well.. luckily the evil empire of Walmart will take almost anything back and what they didn't.. well it got regifted back to the original owners lol

Also, K'nex I believe are made in the US with the exception of the motor parts.. and they made toddler K'nex now..

·
Premium Member
6,809 Posts
Yeah. We have those blocks too, but I'm pretty sure that we've had them since around march when DS was born (twas a babyshower gift, I think). Anyhow, I've packed nearly everything we have thats made in china away. All thats left is one plastic fisher-price piano thing, that I really should pack away, a couple of playmats, and books. And so.. yeah. I'm totally, totally disturbed. I can't believe all this crap. We are boycotting China. Period. Family has been told, and so, anything we get thats made in china from now on WILL be returned. Its just sickening.

ETA: Oh, and for anyone else whos interested I've put together a list of toys made in the US/Canada/Europe: toyreport.blogspot.com

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.