Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my 3rd pregnancy. I'm only 8 wks along but I swear I look 4 or 5 months pregnant already- you know that stage where it's not a nice big round belly yet? I've already gained 7 lbs though, which I'm not happy about, so maybe it's just fat. Could I look so big already? I think I'm just looking to feel better...

·
Registered
508 Posts
I'm 8 weeks tomorrow and look more like 4 months, not a 'bump' persay, just a thick abdomen, like a tree trunk. Not a phase I enjoy. And I have gained 5 pounds. This is my 6th pregnancy, I have seen the third trimester 4 times and have 3 living children. I think my abdominal muscles just gave up the fight, lol.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I have a pooch. I've also gained a few pounds, 4-5 maybe. This is my fourth. Everything is just being pushed up and out, I guess. I am pretty thin, usually, at 5'5'', 120lbs, so this is going to become obvious to everyone I know within the next 2-3 weeks, I'm guessing. My lower abdomen has a definite new roundness to it. All my babies have been small and up to 4 weeks early, and I never get HUGE, but I do show fairly early.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yes, its entirely possible. This is my 5th pregnancy (though I lost one of those early on), and I started showing with this one around week 6. I'm short and so my belly has no where to go but out!
My midwife says that alot of the early showing is really just intestinal/digestive bloat....but...I'd rather think its baby growth and not just bloat!

edited to remove that link! It had too much personal information and other pictures that need not be viewed! Sorry!

·
Registered
499 Posts
With my last pregnancy, my coworkers guessed I was pregnant at 8 weeks.

This time, I hope to keep it a secret a little longer...we'll see.

·
Registered
234 Posts
oh girls you are so funny, my situation is worse, because I can't eat garlic and most of restaurants use it, so a couple of time after we have lunch in any restaurant, consecuence of this my belly gets really big
: , so they make me use all the preferences sites for pregnant ladies in every place that I go!!!!
hubby get really mad sometimes and also feel embarrased

So please don't care about your bellies, coz mine is false sometimes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.