Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14233044/

Quote:
YUMA, Ariz. - A sport utility vehicle crammed with suspected illegal immigrants rolled over in an attempt to outrun Border Patrol agents, killing nine people and injuring at least 12 others, officials said.

Five of the injured were in critical condition, most with head trauma, a hospital spokeswoman said.

The large SUV was carrying up to 22 people when the driver had tried to circumvent a checkpoint on the highway, Border Patrol spokesman Lloyd Frers said.
Sad. I don't know what the solution here is, but I don't think it's this.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
This happens all the time in San Diego too. 18, 20, 24 people jammed into a car and the "coyote" who is getting paid to transport could care less about the safety of the people inside or out.

:

·
Registered
8,636 Posts

a little ani d seems appropriate here:

i got pulled over in west texas
so they could look inside my car
he said are you an american citizen
i said
yes sir
so far
they made sure i wasn't smuggling
someone in from mexico
someone willing to settle for america
'cause there's nowhere else to go

·
Banned
3,341 Posts
It is tragic. I am just relieved that they haven't started shooting people in cold blood, that is what I first thought when I saw the thread title.

These things just strenghthen my opinion that the immigration process needs drastic change.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.