Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ds is 8 months. i will be returning to work when he is 9 months.<br><br>
we have no eating routine as of now. so wondering about some general 9 month old guidelines.<br><br>
what time do you nurse? how many times?<br><br>
what time do they eat solids? how many meals?<br><br>
i'm trying to figure out how much bm i need to leave at the daycare for him.<br><br>
clueless!<br><br>
thanks!

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
At that age some babies aren't eating any solids, some very little, some quite a lot!<br>
My boys were all eating two "meals" a day. 10am-ish seemed to work well, and then again at or right before family dinner at 5pm-ish. They nursed before and after wakings, and whenever else they wanted throughout the day.<br><br>
Do you already have a freezer stash of bm? If not, maybe start one. Definitely try to get ahead at least a few days with pumping. You can keep some in the fridge for a few days at least and if day care needs more at least you'll have it ready. At that age my boys would only drink 3-4oz of ebm at a time....and of course I have no idea home much they were eating when actually nursing. You'll probably have to do a little experimenting; just ask that the day care staff feed him on demand; you'll probably figure out his ebm requirements within the first week.

·
Registered
92 Posts
9 months is actually when my DS finally stopped "newborn nursing." He was nursing a million times a day prior to that but now nurses less frequently. I work from home and my mom takes care of him while I'm in my home office, but I come out to nurse him when he needs me. He currently nurses when we wake up in the morning (7ish), again before my mom comes (9ish), and also has some Cheerios in this morning time period. He then doesn't nurse again until around noon. After his noon nursing session, he'll generally have some solids, usually pieces of pear and maybe some more Cheerios. Then he sometimes doesn't nurse again until my mom leaves at 4:45, but he occasionally sneaks in a nursing session around 2/2:30. So from when he gets up in the morning until 5:00, he probably nurses 4 or 5 times. He has solids again at dinnertime (random food and random amounts - sometimes what we're eating if it's, like, chicken and broccoli, but if we're eating something weird, he'll have avocado or banana or sweet potato) and then nurses on and off until he goes to sleep, also waking to nurse all night long.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts