Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 9 week old infant started with a stuffy nose last week Monday (8 days ago now). He started coughing that Wednesday and was supposed to have his well child visit at the pediatricians. They said that even though he's coughing, they would still vaccinate him. I believe in vaccines...I feel they are important, but at this point I'm worried that we have overstimulated his immune system. He slept most of Wednesday afternoon, and screamed a lot before bedtime. Thursday came along and he was feverish (running about 100.7 even with Tylenol on board). His cough was much worse. I called the doctor and they got us back in there. They said it's a viral infection and we have to wait it out. Antibiotics will only make it worse. Later that day, he started vomiting. I took him home and monitored his breathing and wet diapers as advised. I was uncomfortable with how lethargic he was and took him to the emergency room. They said the same thing. He was back to himself on Friday - only vomiting once at home later that night. Saturday he was crabby, vomited several times throughout the day, and his fever came and went throughout the day also. At this point I had decreased his amount of breastmilk to only 2 oz, which is half of what he normally would eat. His cough continued. Sunday he was in better spirits, but continued to vomit several times throughout the day. Monday his morning diaper had enough urine in it for possibly 1 urination. It was not normal. His cough was still horrible, he continued to vomit, he was lethargic, his eyes were red rimmed, and you could clearly see that he didn't feel well. So I took him back to his doctor. Only to be told the same thing. At this point, he's lost 9 oz since his Thursday visit. Today, he is in better spirits again, no fever, but continues to vomit. His diapers are still fairly wet - so I know he's not dehydrated. I'm frustrated with the vomiting. I hate that he is miserable every other day. Any advise? Any feedback on what my next step should be?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts