Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I want so badly to know NOW! Everyone keeps telling me I am pregnant with all the mood changes I've had, but I am terrified its all in my head. DH is worried about me. Last time we TTC I hit rock bottom depressed. He's worried I might be getting my hopes up too much. I think he's right, but I can't help it. I just want to know now, I hate the waiting game. The tests I bought aren't the test early kind they are the after your missed AF kind. I bought the dip tests in bulk. Might not have been a good idea.  </p>

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
<p>Early testing means it can detect much lower amounts of hCG- like 10-15.  The normal tests you buy at the drug store or even the dollar store usually only need a level of 25. When a test is accurate has to do with when the embryo implanted, how quickly it is producing hCG, and how quickly you metabolize that hCG into your urine and in fact has nothing to do with when you miss your period. Implantation occurs between 8 and 10dpo 84% of the time and usually just a day or two is necessary to build up a level of 25.  So they can sometimes be accurate as early as 9dpo, commonly at 11dpo and with 99% accuracy at 12-14dpo (when most women "miss" their period).   I see you posted 2 days ago, so you're 11dpo today and 12dpo tomorrow.  Go ahead and test tomorrow with first of the morning urine!  Good luck!</p>

·
Registered
19 Posts
<p>I'm 6 DPO and not doing much better...  I'm having a ton of symptoms, and I FEEL pregnant.  I mean I have had the worst heartburn the last two days, and I'm peeing frequently, on top of feeling uterine twitches, and a little nausea...   I mean some of that I know my head could make up if it wanted to, but not all of it. Ahhh I hate waiting. I'm gonna start POAS at 8DPO and everyday until I get a + or AF shows up! This whole two week wait thing sucks. I am at least glad I charted this month so I don't have to wonder if I ovulated and when and what's going on...  last month my 49 day cycle was unbearable, and if I even O'd we definitely missed the window of opportunity. This month we did a good job timing things, so hopefully I'll get good news in a few days. Good luck to you!!! Hope you see your BFP very soon. :)</p>

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<p>So I'm at 12DPO and the test is still neg. I am starting to get discouraged. I am fighting to stay hopeful. The test I have aren't the early kind. When I was pregnant with my daughter I took a test and it was negative. I was having all the symptoms so DH went to the store and got a different type. It was + instantly.</p>

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
<p><strong>Nikki...</strong> Sorry about the BFN...  What brand are they?  Do they require a level of 50?</p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>Mamabear...</strong> the earliest implantation happens is 6dpo and usually a couple of days is needed to build up enough hormones to cause pregnancy symptoms.  So it is <em>unlikely</em> (though not impossible) that what you're experiencing is pregnancy-related.  But that doesn't diminish your chance of actually being pregnant, so FX!!!</p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts