Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm knitting <a href="http://www.knitpicks.com/Pig+Tale_PD50566220.html" target="_blank">this pink pig</a> as my second project. The pattern says to place a marker in the first row after 9 stiches and then before the last 9. OK. No problem. Now as I knit up the rest of the rows, the marker moves up along with me, right?<br><br>
It feels wrong for some reason. I 'thought' the marker was designed to stay in the row where you placed it and now I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong.<br><br>
Can anyone clue me in?

·
Registered
263 Posts
This is going to be used as your locator for where to sew upper and lower body together so you want the stitch marked. In other words a stationary marker rather than ones that you slip along with each row worked.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! That makes perfect sense. I asked the lady at my LYS and she told me I would carry the marker... I had a feeling she was mistaken.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Your LYS lady wasn't crazy though -- a lot of the times markers are slipped when encountered so that they stay on the current row of knitting. Maybe she wasn't familiar with the context of your particular question. I think I'd have answered the same way, since that's how they've been used in everything I've done so far.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
It's the specific wording: place marker = on the needle. Place marker in row = on the knitting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts