Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy All!

DH and I are going to Morocco this summer. I'd like DH to share the babywearing with me. I feel much safer with DS close to me in those crowded market streets! Anways, can anyone recommend a carrier that is a bit, umm, *cough* 'manly'? DH has used a baby bjorn type front carrier before, but DS is too big for it now.

TIA

· Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by hotmamacita
I don't know Umm. Carrying your hubby might be, well uh a bit, emasculating....esp in Morocco.

:
*snort*

You are SUCH a dork!

· Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by cassiemommy
Don't know if I'm too late to chime in, but my DH likes to use only our Baby Trekker when carrying DD, and he only likes to use it in the back carry position (he's only carried DD in the front carry position once or twice). Our sling and pouches are too "feminine" for him. That could be just my DH's hang-ups, though! LOL!

No, our DHs share hang-ups.

Although DH will use a front carry, but only if it's the kind of carrier that doesn't look ANYTHING like a 'traditional' carrier (read 'the kind of carrier used by villiage women in his country'). It has to be a 'I'm a modern manly-man' kinda carrier.

· Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok, so far I've been thinking about the Ergo (but still keeping the HOT weather in Morocco in mind). I went to Peppermint but the discontinued the Ergo. SO I'm still looking around! BTW, the picture of Mrzmeg's DH is too great! I think my DH wouldn't mind an Ergo.

Thanks so much, mamas, for the replies. Keep em coming! The more input, the better! DH and I are both grad students, so believe it or not buying a new carrier is a big investment (that's dipping into our vacation money)
So I really appreciate all the help.

· Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok, I just looked at the Kozy. I love it! But there seems to be a month long wait for new orders???

· Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
babywearingswap group? wow, that sounds cool. And I totally forgot about TP.

Off to shop around.....

· Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I wish I could sew. I have a machine, but no time or talent! Thanks for the thought, though!

Umm Ilyas

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.