Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't mind the crappy pictures. We lost our camera transfer cable. We did figure out how to take pics straight off the memory card and onto DH's laptop but DH took the camera to the office and left it there. So I retook pics on the cell this afternoon.

Ballband washrag Shorter than the pattern. I hate this washrag.

Nursing pads One is faced up (the right) and the other is faced down (the left). Used this pattern. Ccascade Sassy Stripes sock yarn and size 2 needles. One did turn out a tad bigger....not sure why.

Dh's socks
He loves them. I need to block the second one a bit but he won't let me. I finished in time for him to try them on at lunch and then he refused to take them off and left for work with them on.
I guess that means he likes them. I used the Gentleman's Plain Winter Sock from Knittin Vintage Socks. I did a different heel though due to my increased stitchs. I didn't want to refigure the math for the Dutch heel.

And another view.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Ah, wait ... you hate the washrag, not the pattern....

I will say - I made hachuko's ball band mop head cover, and it totally rocks. Even DH uses it...amazing.

·
Registered
8,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by KnitterMama View Post

I will say - I made hachuko's ball band mop head cover, and it totally rocks. Even DH uses it...amazing.

Both.
Not a fan of it for a washrag. I can see it being awesome as a mop cover though. Before we moved I had to rig up a mop (with no exsisting mop to go off of) and used my red one as the mop head. Cleanest floor I've ever had.

·
Registered
8,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by merpk View Post

Am sure that the nursing pads aren't exactly the same size because your needles knew instinctively that breasts aren't exactly the same size.

Smart needles.

That must be it! Can I use that reasoning on any and all projects that don't turn out the same?

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Nice work!

Does your DH play rugby, by any chance? If not, with legs like that he should. (He also needs a kilt.)

·
Registered
8,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
Nice work!

Does your DH play rugby, by any chance? If not, with legs like that he should. (He also needs a kilt.)
Nope he doesn't. And I totally agree about the kilt! I've been trying to convince him of that forever!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Quote:

Hi KnitterMama,
I'm so happy you are happy with my mop cover pattern
I would love to use your photo of the ballband mop cover (from your blog) you made with my pattern, so if you would kindly give me permission to post it in my photo gallery I'd be very grateful! Thanks. hakucho19(at)yahoo(dot)com.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hakucho View Post
Hi KnitterMama,
I'm so happy you are happy with my mop cover pattern
I would love to use your photo of the ballband mop cover (from your blog) you made with my pattern, so if you would kindly give me permission to post it in my photo gallery I'd be very grateful! Thanks. hakucho19(at)yahoo(dot)com.
Hey - no problem! Feel free to use it! I had a great time with it.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cinnamonamon View Post
show him some pics of those utilikilts... so sexy

my dh said he'd wear a kilt for me; pretty sure he didn't mean to leave the house (or the bedroom
) though!

love all the FOs!

Oooh. If my buff little redheaded hubby would wear a kilt, I might not LEAVE the bedroom....

Um, sorry, OT

OMnM Lovely FO's! I like your little unloved warshrag!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Quote:

Hey - no problem! Feel free to use it! I had a great time with it.
Great!!! Thanks
The first chance I get I'll add the photos to my gallery. I do so love showing off what others have made with my patterns.

happy knitting

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.