Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After figuring out how to search the vaers database, I found my old roommate's boyfriend's report. But this report was only the beginning. There is no other report for him but his condition was MUCH more serious than this!<br><br>
Here is the report<br><br><div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">VAERS ID 198604 Vaccination Date: 2003-02-20<br>
Age 20.0 Date filed: 2003-03-03<br>
Sex M Where Administered: MIL<br>
State GA Purchased by: MIL<br>
Life Threatening Illness? No<br>
Died? No<br>
Disability? No<br>
Recovered? No<br>
ER or Doctor Visit? No<br>
Hospitalized? No<br>
Current Illness: NONE<br>
Diagnostic Lab Data: NONE<br>
Previous Vaccinations:<br>
Other Medications: NONE<br>
Preexisting Conditions:<br><br>
Vaccinations Manufacturer Lot Dose Route Site<br>
1 ANTH MICHIGAN DEPT PU FAB067 1 LA<br><br>
Onset Date: 2003-02-21 Days since Vaccination: 1<br>
Symptoms: HYPESTHESIA URIN FREQUENCY<br>
For the past 2-3 days, have been using the bathroom more than regularly and my hands feel like they are asleep.<br></td>
</tr></table></div>
<br>
A couple days after his doctor's appointment they had someone come pick him up from the barracks and he was admitted to the hospital on post. In the beginning they had no idea what was wrong. But he had lost almost all function in his hands and arms and could barely walk. He had NO sense of balance at all. He was in the hospital on post for about a week and they told him that he had multiple sclerosis. well after freaking out and crying with his mom and whatever else, they said wait a second, you don't have MS, we dont know what you have either but you can be discharged now....<br><br>
So they sent him home. He was stuck in his barracks room another week and was completely bed ridden at this point. He he had lost all movement in his arms and nearly all feeling in his legs. He could barely hold his head up in the bed.<br><br>
And then all of a sudden the hospital called and told him he needed to go to a different hospital in town RIGHT THEN and they'd sent an ambulance for him. A couple other guys had to carry him down to the ambulance and when he got to the hospital off post they admitted him to the ICU.<br><br>
He was there two weeks. I was only about 19 at the time but from what I remember he told us that he'd gotten some super rare condition from getting so many vaccines at once. (He'd just returned from Iraq, so he actually had several more over a period of days than the report mentioned). and that it caused his immune system to attack all his organs. And once they figured out what it was, they just gave him a few shots and slowly but surely he ended up fine.<br><br>
Now after reading a lot on Guillain Barre syndrome recently, I'm guessing that's what he had. I had completely forgotten the incident until I read about GBS and I said HEY that sounds like what *** went through. So I made a point to look it up on vaers especially since they told him in the hospital that it was because of vaccines.<br><br>
Since this is the only report there and it only mentions the tingling hands and frequent urination (is that typical in GBS or just a coincidence?), and there was never another report for either of his hospitalizations I guess I will never know for sure- especially since I've lost all contact with him and my old roommate (they broke up anyway).<br><br>
But would you guys say it was GBS too or are there other vaccine reactions that cause similar reactions? I'm just curious lol.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts