Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple quick questions that I am posting on behalf of my cousin. My cousin and her family may be relocating to Tennessee for her husband's work. She has been doing some research on the school system there since she has been told that it is a bit different then here in Ontario. She hasn't been able to find any solid answers to her questions so I thought you may be able to help. Could you please list the ages for each school grade (ex- 6 yr olds in grade 1). How many years of Kindergarten is there? In Ontario we have two, junior and senior kindergarten. Also is there a cut off date for how old a kindergartener needs to be in enroll for next school year? I hope these questions make sense and thanks in advance for your answers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in TN. The usual age for pre-K is around 4 years old. for regular Kindergarden, its about 5-6 years old. 1st grade is about 6-7 years old. 2nd grade 7-8 years old. There is Only 1 year of kindergarden. We have what is called Pre-K or Preschool which is basically like pre kindergarden, it is not necessary in my county though. after pre-k is just kindergarden, after kindergarden is 1st grade then 2nd grade and so on... hope this helps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts