Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I suspect (strongly) that I mc'd on christmas at 5 weeks. I say suspect because I never took a pg test because I was only 1 week late. At first, I thought I was just late due to stress. I did have strong pg symptoms, nausea, sore breasts, etc. However, I cramped severly and it was very heavy and clotty-my periods are typically very light and no cramps at all. Fast forward to this week when I (in my mind) confirmed that I did indeed mc as I am now 42 days since my period/mc. I have taken 3 pg tests so I am certain I am not pg however there is no sign of AF. So my question, I guess-when should I expect to have my next period?
Also, today I've had my normal ovulation pains. And it's right on track if I were to have had my period (Jan 21) but it never came. So, by my calculations, I should have AF around the 18th of Feb.
I'm just real confused-first, because I'm not nor can I be 100% sure that I miscarried-therefore I don't know how to feel. Also, is it normal to go more than 6 weeks before having my next period? Also, is it normal to be ovulating now-so late in my cycle. I've always been extremely regular, so any variations really throw me off.

· Registered
1,882 Posts
(hugs) Go take another pregnancy test in a week or so to see if you are still pregnant. I'm sorry you are going through this, but this sounds like you *may* still have your baby.

· Registered
1,359 Posts
sometimes even without a miscarriage periods can be off and then get back on track again. could be due to stress, traveling, age, ect. if it were me, i would give myself some time and chart my cycles without any form of hormonal birth control. i use the methods from the book taking charge of your fertility, so that would be easy for me to follow without getting pregnant. i highly recommend the book.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.