Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...after some complications. A couple of friends and I want to put together a basket of gifts for her. The Baby Loss Kit at babylosskit.com would take too long to get here so we want to pull together some stuff locally so we can get it to her within a day or so. I can get a nice Amish made basket so I need stuffing ideas. She loves tea, taking baths, chocolate, etc. Any certains brands/kinds of tea that would aid healing or rejuvenate her? A certain bath salt or wash? (Is there anything in the burt's bees theraputic bath salts that would be bad for a mom still healing?) We were also going to include a copy of I'll hold you in heaven. What should I avoid putting in the basket? She's pretty upset, feels guilty and gets depressed easily.

I thank you all in advance for any suggestions you can offer, though I'm sorry you had to experience a loss yourself to to know how to advise me.

·
Premium Member
42,757 Posts
Red Rasberry Leaf tea, it is good for uterine health (causes VERY minor contractions that exercise it..it is safe for pregnancy) it is also good for the uterine lining.

I don't think there is anything in the bath salts that would be a problem. Generally the issue with baths is whether or not the cervix is fully closed.

I like lavender for relaxing but I love rejuvinating scents like lemongrass, grapefruit, tangerine, spearmint..but I am a bit goofy and most people don't seem to love all the scents I do.

So sorry for your friend. Your basket sounds lovely.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all. My maternal instinct wants to take care of her so much, knowing a fellow momma hurts. I just want to make sure everything we do for her helps and doesn't hinder!

I know I can get RRL tea locally, I'll pick some up!

·
Registered
396 Posts
If space permits, some kind of really nutritious easy yummy food. It's hard to keep feeding yourself well when the pregnancy's gone, but very important. I'm thinking of those boxed soups at the natural-foods store, or something. Just the symbolism of a food item, to remind her that she's still worth taking good care of.

·
Premium Member
15,225 Posts
Michelle, just the basket itself arriving, your acknowledging her loss, will mean the world to her right now.

·
Registered
261 Posts
What a loving friend you are. I made a similar basket last year for a friend who miscarried...

What about Recharge? It's a natural electrolyte replenisher...sort of like Gatorade, but tastes good and is good for you.

A box of tissues...

Chamomile or Sleepytime tea

Maybe a blank journal for her to write, if she feels up to it?

A video or DVD?

Rescue Remedy

I don't think anything is inappropriate, because she'll know all the items come from a place of love.

A home cooked meal or gift certificate to a local restaurant (that does take out) is also a good idea...no one feels like cooking after having a baby die.

I liked the suggestion by Denise K for boxed natural food, too.

I'll be sending your friend healing thoughts. How devastating. And on Christmas...so sad.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oooh, good point on the recharge, journal and rescue remedy. I'm heading to check out the new health food store and not sure what they have so this gives me lots of ideas to work with.

Thank you all for sharing what helped you!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.