Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has a wonderful four year old boy, but he is prone to episodes of extreme anger and violent outbursts. She had "read and tried" everything she can think of and finally decided to seek professional help. So far, the doctors she has seen have either wanted to put him on meds or haven't been AP friendly. She's looking for a therapist to work with that will try everything they can before turning to a prescription. Can anyone recommend a good psychologist/counselor in the greater Seattle/King County area? Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am an Intern Therapist/Counselor for children and families at a behavioral health clinic in Pierce County. I'm also a AP parent! I would be willing to talk to your friend or offer support if needed. Feel free to private email me. Jen

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello. My name is Dawn Finney, and I am a Licensed therapist with Cascade Wellness & Counseling.

I have been working with children and their parents for over 10 years with these very same issues. It can be quite stressful and discouraging when the "answers" do not seem to be working. This age is very young to be started on medications.

I would love to even "chat" with this mother, and possibly be able to assist her in any way possible.

Dawn Finney

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.