Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to his accident, Itook DH to a chiropractor Ihave seen once or twice. He seems to hold most of the same philosophies as I but I don't go well----b/c Ihave no $$ too. Anyway, I was referred thru my parents who are very mainstream and only go to him for ouchies (as Isay). HE has talked to them about natural health,etc. but the ydo not listen. For some reason, I am sure he assumes Iam like them and will not hold a conversation with me as much as Itry, it drives me nuts. To my point:

So tonight I go in a nthere is one poster on the wall-I saw a needle and feared it was some flu shot crapola, but NO it was a poster stating "Do you know what is in your vaccines?" And broke it down!!!!!!!!!!!!! The bottom mentioned the fall of the roman empire being fue to lead and the similarities etc. I complemented him and said "Ya got one for the kids Pediatrician office? Actually, I have yet to find one due to tha tissue." And he blew me off...I think he doesn't take me serious, which is a whole different issue. (He even spoke with DH more and no it is not gender based, I beleive it is meeting my parents based
). Anyway, in the end, the poster is priceless. It made my day. Too bad I can't bring my kids to him monthly... (and he is low cost, but we need no cost!!)

·
Registered
273 Posts
My DH is finishing up chiropractic school and I have seen some amazing posters on vaccinations. I can find out where you can get them if anyone is interested.

bebesho2 I am sorry for the negative experience you had with your chiro. just know that most of the chiro's out there are awesome. Have you tried to call around and see if there are any that work with a sliding scale fee?

Megan
SAHM to
Landon 10-23-02

·
Registered
92 Posts
Dr. Ted Koren has great anti-vax posters and information - now has a packet for presentations with cd's, handouts and 400 pages of notes. Check out Koren Publications.

Dr. Koren is know world wide. The FTC tried to take him down but the governement LOST. He writes a lot about health and chiropractic. Now he's being sued by Stephen Barrett - delicensed MD who runs Quackwatch from his garage in Allentown, PA. The great thing about the case is that Stephen Barrett will have to disclose from whom he gets his financial support - duh! The AMA and Pharm. companies! Can't wait to see Barrett blown to bits in court!!!

Dr. Koren is inthe Philly area, I believe, and is a total research rat with a great sense of humor. Love him!

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
http://www.korenpublications.com/

You were right, the poster is from Dr. Koren. Ichecked it out at the office tonight and above is the link. HE has a good looking book there too. Also, according to his address Iused to live on his street, 1-2 blocks away. I currently live about 15-20 nminutes from him and my optometrist is on his street, so I may just stop by! I like what I have read so far!!

Oh, BTW, I think this Chiro aforementioned is good, just he isn't receptive to me. He is working wonders on DH. I see him as intelligent w/ great philosophies but he knows my parents and must assume I am a waste of breath, or am not serious when mentioning stuff. Ugh. And he is low cost, we are just that broke!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts