Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just moved and someone put the side of the crib in our bedroom (we side car the crib to the bed). I was looking at it and was wondering if there was anything I could do with it and a wonderful idea came to me....a cloth diaper dryer!! It works perfectly! The slats are far enough apart to allow the diapers and wipes to hang through (we mostly use prefolds) and I put the covers poofed up on top of them to dry.

We've been trying to think of ways to save electricity so I've been wanting to hang them to dry but only had one small rack so it's a perfect solution! I'm going to try to get DH to suspend it from the basement rafters so I can get it out of the way as it's just resting on the dryer and a change table we're not using right now.

So, if you have a crib side you need to put to use, this is for you

· Registered
4,366 Posts
Thats a great idea!!
Someone gave us an old, used crib that when we tried to put it together the plastic parts just broke. I wasn't about to have it repaired and I couldn't sell it or give it away in such a condition, so we were just going to toss it.

Thats a great idea to use the sides as an extra drying rack! If I can get hubby to agree to it, I might get him to rig up a pully system so that the rack can be lowered and raised above the washer/dryer so that it will save space.

· Registered
647 Posts
I have an extra crib. That is what I do when I need extra drying space. It also works if you want to put things outside to dry. I have dogs in my backyard and lots of dirt, no clothesline. So, I put my things in front of my door. I have a covered entryway. It works great even for rainy days.

· Registered
3,041 Posts
Awsome when i get around to moving the crib in my room and allison gets to big for her side car basssniet and when abby lets me take the crib from her!!! LOL lots to accomplish, i'm going to have to do this, my curent drying for my wool and sunning my stans is over the back of the dryer and washer. i've droped them behind so many times and then have to pick all the lint off them that has collected behind my dryer that would be GREAT!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.