Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 4 year olds take a gymnastics class once a week, and while all the kids are in the class, the moms (and sometimes dads) stand outside and watch through a big window. After the first few classes (when we couldn't keep our eyes off our kids in the gym--so cute!), it's basically become social hour for the moms. There is one other mom who has a baby just a few weeks younger than my baby (who's now 4 months). Last week, he had a MAJOR blowout (the likes of which I've never seen since we use cloth), and the mom realized that she didn't have an extra sposie to put on him. She asked me if I had one, and I said that we used cloth. There was nothing else to do but to offer her a cloth diaper to borrow. The mom accepted my offer, and I handed over one of our BG! AIOs. We spent the rest of the class discussing cloth diapers, washing, cost, etc. When she came back the next week, she said that she's going to switch to cloth! Woo-hoo!

If only they could hand out a BG! AIO (or other, equally easy diaper) to everyone at the hospital or something. I bet a LOT more people would use cloth if they could just try it out once or twice!

Anyone else have a great convert story?

Lex

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
that's awesome!

We don't own any BG AIO's but I was at our local Whole Foods yesterday and they sell them. DH and I were rather impressed
I agree, if an easy diaper like an AIO was passed out to everyone at the hospital or something, they might be more willing to use cloth!

I know that when my 14 year old sister was born, the hospital she was at was going through a "use cloth" phase but they used prefolds and wraps, I doubt that converted too many people

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
That's fabulous!

I always tried to make sure to have my adorable LHC AIOs on my dd when we went out into public. I got a LOT of comments on them in public changing rooms and so forth. ("Wow, is that a cloth diaper?!" etc.) I don't know if I ever converted anyone, but a lot of people were very surprised that cloth diapers looked so attractive and usable, compared to the old flat-folds and plastic pants they remembered from "the old days."

I keep trying to convert my sister, but she works full-time and has my niece in day care so it's probably not happening. She does admit that the cloth diapers we use are extremely cute, though!

·
Registered
294 Posts
That's great!

Quote:
We don't own any BG AIO's but I was at our local Whole Foods yesterday and they sell them. DH and I were rather impressed
Wow, I'll have to check our Whole Foods! I've never seen them there but that would be so great!

I'm not sure I've converted anyone yet but my DD's daycare provider is really interested in my diapers and keeps talking about switching her daughter to cloth. I need to offer to let her borrow some of DDs diapers!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jenniferlynne View Post
That's great!

Wow, I'll have to check our Whole Foods! I've never seen them there but that would be so great!

I'm not sure I've converted anyone yet but my DD's daycare provider is really interested in my diapers and keeps talking about switching her daughter to cloth. I need to offer to let her borrow some of DDs diapers!
:
I'd love to get my hands on one before deciding to buy. I'll have to check our WF too.
I've not converted anyone yet, but have gone back & forth myself over the years of diapering my 3 girls.
: I am now, when diapering two kids at once, using exclusively CD's. I guess I could say I converted myself.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I have a friend who isn't pregnant yet but says she wants to cloth diaper whe she has a baby cause she sees my cloth and says they are much cuter than sposies! Her SO told her he thinks cloth is gross but she came back with, well what do you think our parents did before sposies? I have a pre-baby convert!

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
How cool! Now if only all sposie users could have a huge blow out, and run out of dipes near a cding mama! That would be awesome!

My good friend says she would never do cloth because of the laundry involved(she has MAJOR fecal issues)...I told her I would be her service. I would pick them up, wash them and bring them back, so I have a very labor intensive convert! Now if she would just have a baby! LOL

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
My best friend is pregnant with her first child and I convinced her to use cloth. Honestly, she's using it because it saves money, and for no other reason. But that's something.

Personally, that's about the last reason I use cloth. I use it because the chemicals in disposables scare me and I hate the waste of sposies.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lexbeach View Post

If only they could hand out a BG! AIO (or other, equally easy diaper) to everyone at the hospital or something. I bet a LOT more people would use cloth if they could just try it out once or twice!
Great idea!

I've found just telling people that a 3 yr old will probably go through 10,000 dipes gets them thinking. And also showing off DS' cute motorcycle Happy Heiny's too!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.