Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DH came home from work this morning (he works midnights) and just lost it. He said that while he was at work, he went to a call, and there was a newborn there. When the baby cried, he about lost it. He said that this whole thing has been eating him up all week. I asked why he hadn't shared, and he said that he was trying to be strong for me.

This may sound weird, but I am SO glad he cried and let it out. All week I've felt like he didn't really care, even though I knew deep down that he does. He said that Malachi will always be apart of our family and that he is so disappointed and sad that it happened. He said he really wanted this baby and it hurts that it didn't happen. He's also upset that he wasn't able to be there for me when the placenta passed. (although I'm kind of glad that he wasn't, because he probably would have freaked out.)

We're both really scared of getting pregnant again and having the same thing happen. Will I be scared the whole way through? I don't want to spend the entire pregnancy scared out of my wits. I so enjoy being pregnant, and I'd hate to miss out on that.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
to you. When men cry, its beautiful isn't it? The first time my husband cried about my daughter without trying to hide it was about a week after we got home and I was in her nursery, sobbing and he came in with me. There had been other times he cried but made sure I didn't see him. Once was at the hospital when the funeral home had come to take her away, he met them outside of my room...then he tried coming in, sobbing, but then my Step dad took him for a walk...so it was very refreshing to see him grieve for his baby and it actually made things better. Men think they have to be strong for us, but being strong, in my eyes, doesn't mean not to cry. Anyway, as for getting pregnant again, of course you'll be nervous. Its only natural. But like *I think it was Egoldber* someone said, you have to take it one day at a time. And have LOTS of hope. try to be optimistic and positive. Good luck sweetie!!!

·
Registered
11,573 Posts
It took a giant fight between my dh and I for him to "admit" how upset he was. I too was thinking he just didn't care, he was trying to be strong for me. The night he screamed at me "How do you think I feel at work when I see a box of pampers?? I just want to kick the box and I'm so mad that everyone else can have a baby but we can't" I told him I so wished he'd shared that with me the first baby we lost, not the 3rd.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts