Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK everybody --

In the spirit of celebrating the good things, I'm celebrating my longest LP yet (and hoping it turns into a 9 month LP!) today
Come join me, and bring me a good song to share, some nummy food to eat, and something to drink (cyber alcohol OK, but I'm not drinking IRL).

And if you have a thought to share with me, please do

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Hey you! No thoughts to share, just:

celebrating your long LP! Way to go Alexis' body! woohoo!

(can I add that I'm jealous you got to go to TO pride? Ottawa pride has NOTHING on it at all! I think we are determined to go next year! It's gotta be one of the best parties in the country, eh?)

okay food: How about chocolate chip cookies? oozing with chocolate and nuts (if you like nuts)
drink: chocolate milk...mmmm....
Or strawberry daiquiris! strawberries are in season!(we had some last night to celebrate our relief at the election results)

Song: We were just listening to 'Become You' by the Indigo Girls (I know, stereotype
) but it's a great song!!

way too much fun...I'd better get back to work!

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jesse, you shoulda come out for Tdot Pride! It was a funtastic time! Not too many cute breast-baring grrls (a tad bit chilly, and I think most of us would be concerned about skin cancer? I know I am!) but lots and lots of cute people everywhere, living and loving and it was GREAT!

I felt so mamalicious, too, with a baby in a sling on me

I adore chocolate chip cookies, so thank you for bringing them
I'll have mine with macademia nuts, but not walnuts! And Strawberry daiquiri

Also I love the Indigo Girls
Mike turned me onto them, actually

My body rawks!!!!!

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, I'll add that we should still be in Tdot for Pride next year (the plan is to move later in the summer, I think) so you DEFINITELY need to come next year!

And after that, you'll have to come to CA and go to SF Pride, cause hopefully, that's where we'll be

·
Registered
405 Posts
I bring more strawberries, whipped cream, champagne and ridiculously fantastic straw hats for everyone. Also, many organic oils to rub on our bellies (concentric circles, for Goddess blessings). I also suggest hand scrubs (olive oil and sugar, rub in then rinse off), feet scrubs and mango slices.

Let's sit in a flower garden and watch out for fairies...maybe more champagne will help with sightings...ooo...there's one...I'm going to run after it.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Oh this sounds like so much fun!!!!!!! (and way more fun than sitting in my cube writing up a memo!!) mmmm....strawberries and whipped cream....mmmm....
and organic oils and scrubs...aah! heavenly....
Alexis-next year's pride sounds great! We'll be there! definitely!...unless of course we're giving birth around then

We used to live in TO & I've attended 3-4 of those amazing prides (my dad & I marched together in the parade one year when it fell on Father's Day)...and I really miss them! Such a wonderful celebration of humanity, sexuality, fun and craziness!

·
Registered
405 Posts
I'm going with a peony and I'm ordering some vegiie sushi with shiitake mushrooms...I also want some baba ganoush...hey was that the door bell rining, it must be the masseuse!

I better go...must send an email to a friend in need then I'm going for walk with another friend....Have a nice massage!

·
Registered
6,938 Posts

A song . . .how 'bout something by the Stereo MCs?
Food: I'm bringing taquitos (filled with potato since I'm a vegetarian) and chiptotle sauce . . .and upside down pinapple cake! Oh, wait, I just learned to make Thai food, so I'll bring masaman curry and pad see ew . . .

Woo hoo!!!!!! I love a long LP!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAY, Alexis!

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Happy 14 dpo Day, Lexie!

I'll take one of those ooey, gooey choc chip cookies. And I'm bringing my specialty -- nachos and wine!!

Can I have a massage next, please?

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mmm taquitos
(I'm a "quasi veggie" -- sometimes I eat meat, but mostly not, though I do still eat fish with no qualms). Guess I'll special order some cheese enchiladas from my favorite taqueria in Southern CA to go with those

And some horchata, since we're going Mexican!

Anyone know of Manu Chao? He's this cool musician who sings en Espagnol, Française y English! Anyway, I've got his song on "Dia Luna, Dia Pena" and now we've got Jane's Addiction

Oh, my massage is *really* nice, thank you for that, Marie!
And however did you get Johnny Depp to be my massuse???

Party on, gals

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Can we do the oil foot rubs *after* the dancing, tho
Cause I'm a HUGE fan of African dancing and I wanna DANCE!

<---- kinda like them, only more moves, and less pelvic thrusting! :LOL

I
you all so much

·
Registered
509 Posts
I'd love one of those chocolate chip cookies - but with pecans pretty please!!

I'm bringing some of our fresh Ranier cherries - they are the sweetest and just in season (they pay $1 per cherry for these babies in Japan!). I'm also bringing some of my friend's chardonney from her winery - light, springy, with a hint of apricot and oak!!

Any, I think we need some muscle-bound men in togas to give us all foot rubs - so all the men from the movie Troy. Men look so cute in skirts!! YUM!!!

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OOooohhhh, cherries

Which reminds me, we took cherries over to our friend's for brunch on Sunday -- and then left them there!

Someone's going to the fruit market when her dh gets home (we need both of us, cause one of us has to hold Pinter outside).

Hmmmm... I seemed to have never taken a nap today. Maybe it was all this yummy food!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Alexis - have you ever tried Ranier cherries?? They are to die for! Hope you find some cherries at the farmer's market when dh gets home!! We will eat some in your honor tonight - maybe blended into Blue Bunny all vanilla bean
ice cream!!

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
since there's whipped cream - how about ice creme/ frozen yogurt & maybe your fav liqueur dripped on "it" -

mmmmmmmmm, hot oils, thrusting dancing - my kinda party

are we just wearing flowers ???????

i like bird-of-paradise, etc.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts