Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I guess. Unless you have an artistic and/or gay child.

SMH.

Sus

Reactions: Deborah and EMRguy

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess. Unless you have an artistic and/or gay child.

SMH.

Sus

Sorry I don't mean to offend. I have a child who is both artistic and gender non-conforming and a child with an SPD. I was laughing at the irony of someone who is SO ignorant proclaiming on social media her opinions regarding vaccination when A: She doesn't seem to know the difference between autistic and artistic B: She thinks being artistic means you're likely gay and C: She thinks being gay is s bad thing in the first place!

Perhaps she should educate herself a bit before attempting to educate others :wink:

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Sorry I don't mean to offend. I have a child who is both artistic and gender non-conforming and a child with an SPD. I was laughing at the irony of someone who is SO ignorant proclaiming on social media her opinions regarding vaccination when A: She doesn't seem to know the difference between autistic and artistic B: She thinks being artistic means you're likely gay and C: She thinks being gay is s bad thing in the
first place!

Perhaps she should educate herself a bit before attempting to educate others :wink:
Thank you for your concern. I'm not the least bit offended! I actually laughed. I think my response was more in anticipation of those who *would* be offended or would be offended *on behalf* of others.

I apologize for the confusion.

Lastly, that looks like Twitter. People get caught by autocorrect & misspell regularly (I think this is a fb problem too) there. I imagine that's part of what happened here.

But thanks for the original laugh.

Sus

Reactions: Mirzam

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
Sorry I don't mean to offend. I have a child who is both artistic and gender non-conforming and a child with an SPD. I was laughing at the irony of someone who is SO ignorant proclaiming on social media her opinions regarding vaccination when A: She doesn't seem to know the difference between autistic and artistic B: She thinks being artistic means you're likely gay and C: She thinks being gay is s bad thing in the first place!

It made me chuckle, thanks :)

These kinds of threads never go well from my experience. As @prosciencemum likes to point out: you could say kittens are cute and someone would probably argue with you or get offended. "I bet parents of children who are deathly allergic to cats wouldn't agree with you- how insensitive!" ;)

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
Darn. Tried posting a picture of the little one but the picture orientation is sideways when I post it. Anyone know how to fix that on here? It's not sideways on my computer...

Edit: Oops. Posted this to the wrong thread. Sleep deprivation is not fun!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Darn. Tried posting a picture of the little one but the picture orientation is sideways when I post it. Anyone know how to fix that on here? It's not sideways on my computer...

Edit: Oops. Posted this to the wrong thread. Sleep deprivation is not fun!
You must be really sleep deprived as you "edited" a post without actually posting in the first place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts