Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Michigan winters suck. My ds is 3.5months and honestly I am both bored and overwhelmed at the same time. I also have a dd (5 yrs), ds (9yrs) and dss (7yrs). Baby doesnt like to be put down anywhere, but his bed so I carry him or sit with him all day except for naps. Instead of thinking about ways to stimulate his mind, I just find myself waiting for him to take a nap so I can take care of the 100s of other things that need to get done. I have a moby and that helps, but i am still just tired of not being able to do the things i need to do. I'm home A LOT this winter. I work from home (which is a whole other issue), and I can't do things like go sledding or iceskating with the big kids like I usually do. I can take the baby, but we just sit and watch...boring. I'm sorry that I'm such a whiner. It's been quite a while since we've had a baby in the house. I love him so much. I just don't like sitting around all the time. Help me find ways to entertain my baby and me
Am I the only one who feels this way? I know I'll feel better when the weather gets better and I can take him outside more.

· Registered
2,243 Posts
I'm with ya! My girl is oh, 11 weeks? And we've been cooped up alllllll winter. I work at home too.
Last Friday, it snowed. We live in the country, so we were stuck at the house for a few days (no snow plows to clear the roads.) Then, my son was off school until Thursday. So I was stuck at the house for almost a whole week. Talk about cabin fever!

This is what I do....whip out the moby, put the baby in, bundle up, and walk around the yard. We have chickens and ducks, so every day I have to feed and water them. It is good to get outside with the baby, even for just a few minutes. I would also put her in the stroller and walk around the yard, but lately it's been in the 30's, so I use the moby to keep her warm.

I also have a few things for the house, like a swing, a bouncy seat, and a walker. I'll rotate my baby in those, when I don't want to hold her all day. So, a few minutes in one, then hold her, then a few minutes in another, then hold her, etc. Until she falls asleep!

So, you're not alone, trust me! I'm in a good mood today because I actually left the house and went shopping, for the first time in almost a week. You might need to get out for a few hours, and by the time you get home, you'll be tired and glad to be back.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.